Introduction to COVID-19
Coronaviruses, like the new COVID-19 outbreak that began in China, cause mild to severe respiratory illness including death. COVID-19 has since spread worldwide. COVID-19 severely weakens the immune system, hence you must be concerned on how to strengthen your immune system. The best preventive measures include wearing a mask, staying six feet apart, washing hands often, avoiding sick people, keeping your hands away from your face and getting adequate rest and nutrition.
COVID-19 is likely spread when the virus travels in respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, talks, sings or breathes near you (within six feet). This is thought to be the main way COVID-19 is spread.
When the virus travels in small respiratory droplets that linger in the air for minutes to hours from an infected person who is more than six feet away or has since left the space. This method of spread is more likely to occur in enclosed spaces with poor ventilation.
From close contact (touching, shaking hands) with an infected person. This article helps to know about how to strengthen your immune system in times of Covid crisis and also the importance of the best immune boosting foods and some examples of foods to boost immune system.
Symptoms and effect of the virus
Doctors and scientists are learning new things about this virus every day. So far, we know that COVID-19 may not cause any symptoms for some people.You may carry the virus for 2 days or up to 2 weeks before you develop symptoms. During these times we need to strengthen our immune system with proper dietary supplements and precautionary measures.
Some common symptoms that have been specifically linked to COVID-19 include:
- 1. Shortness of breath
- 2. A cough that gets more severe over time
- 3. Fever
- 4. Chills
- 5. Fatigue
Less common symptoms include:
- 1. Repeated shaking with chills
- 2. Sore throat
- 3. Headache
- 4. Muscle aches and pains
- 5. Loss of taste or smell
- 6. A stuffy or runny nose
- 7. Gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting
- 8. Discoloration of fingers or toes
- 9. Pink eye
- 10. Rash
Effects of a healthy diet on the body
The novel coronavirus affects the lungs and causes flu-like symptoms and pneumonia. Proper nutrition; consuming foods to boost immune system and hydration are vital with a well-balanced diet. A healthy balanced diet is a key for maintaining good health and immunity.
Good nutrition is very important before, during and after an infection as healthy food helps in boosting the immune system. Infections take a toll on the body especially when these cause fever, the body needs extra energy and nutrients. Therefore, maintaining a healthy diet is very important during the COVID-19 pandemic. While no foods or dietary supplements can prevent COVID-19 infection, maintaining a healthy diet is an important part of supporting a strong immune system.
Feeding your body certain foods and right nutrition may help to strengthen your immune system.It is still possible to purchase and consume a healthy diet during these difficult times. Diets vary greatly from place to place based on many factors including eating habits and culture. Yet, when it comes to food, there is a lot that we know about how to select the right combination of food to attain a healthy diet regardless of where we live.
List of food items that can help increase immunity
Best way to boost the immune system is following a proper diet which ensures that the body is in the strongest possible state to battle the virus.In the current situation, it is necessary to be aware of the specific types of food that can improve our immune system in order to combat COVID-19. Here are some professional and authentic dietary guidelines for the best foods for immune system to withstand COVID-19.
- 1. Eat fruits daily (guava, apple, banana, strawberry, cantaloupe melon, grapefruit, pineapple, papaya, orange, Longman fruit, blackcurrant, pummelo are the best foods for immune system) with a serving size of two cups (4 servings).
- 2. Fresh vegetables like coriander, kale etc are one of the best foods to boost immune system. Eat fresh vegetables (green bell peppers, garlic, ginger, kale, lime, coriander (dried), broccoli, green chili pepper) 2.5 cups of vegetables (5 servings) , legumes (beans and lentils).
- 3. Whole grains and nuts are the best immune boosting foods. Eat whole grains and nuts, 180 g of grains (unprocessed maize, oats, wheat, millet, brown rice or roots such as yam, potato, taro or cassava).
- 4. Use nuts like almonds, coconut, and pistachio.
- 5. Red meat can be eaten once or twice per week, and poultry 2−3 times per week. Use foods from animal sources (e.g. fish, fish, eggs, and milk) and 160 g of meat and beans.
- 6. For snacks, choose fresh fruits and raw vegetables, which are the best foods for immune system, rather than foods that are high in sugar, salt or fat. Avoid irregular snacking.
- 7. Do not overcook vegetables as it leads to the loss of important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- 8. When using dried or canned fruits and vegetables, choose varieties without added sugar or salt
- 9. Make sure the food is prepared and served at acceptable temperatures (≥72°C for 2 mins).
- 10. Limit the salt intake to five g a day.
- 11. Consume unsaturated fats (found in avocado, fish, nuts, soy, olive oil, canola, corn oil, and sunflower) rather than saturated fats (found in butter, fatty meat, coconut and palm oils, cheese, ghee, and cream).
- 12. Drink 8–10 glasses of water every day. It helps to transport nutrients in the blood, gets rid of waste, and regulates the body temperature.
- 13. Avoid all fizzy, carbonated, concentrated juices, and all drinks which contain sugar.
- 14. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle of exercise, meditation, and regular sleep is one of the best way to boost immune system. Adequate sleep will help to support immune functioning.best immune boosting foods
- 15. Eat at home to avoid contact with other people and try to reduce the chance of being exposed to COVID-19.
A proper and healthy diet can ensure the best way to boost immune system that can resist any onslaught by the virus. A certain amount of particular nutrients are necessary for Individuals.
In the era of COVID-19, strong immunity has become the primary need of every individual more than ever before.
Parasmani Prash is a powerful combination of over 20 herbs in Unique combination like Gold bhasma (Surva Bhasma), Silver Bhasma (Rajat Bhasma), Real Saffron (Kesar) and the primary benefit is Abhrak Bhasma Ingredient, a powerful mineral compound. It is the most potent chyawanprash for all age groups.
Parasmani Prash is one of the best chyawanprash to buy during covid 19.It assures you with our quality and taste.
There is no harm in consuming Parasmani Prash so as to protect yourself from COVOD -19 infection and to practice healthy hygiene thereby protecting the body from everyday infections like cough, cold & fever.